Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Animal Farm

Back in January, I drew a propaganda-esque image of Napoleon from George Orwell's Animal Farm using a quote from the book: "It was as though the world had turned upside-down...There was nothing there now except a single Commandment. It ran: ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL BUT SOME ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS." I know Animal Farm is an allegory about Communism, but I think the sentiments about corrupt leaders, rule manipulation, forced inequality, and hypocrisy can be used as a warning for many-a-circumstance

At a time when I was hearing from some fans on social media that they didn't think I should talk politics but post art instead, I decided to illustrate a powerful quote from a 70+ year-old book that would speak louder than my own type. The social media posts were shared, liked, & retweeted. The original art (left) was offered up for sale with 100% of the proceeds going to the ACLU.

I have made the poster available in 2 FREE variations: Classroom & Protest with links to the High-Res 11"x17" .PDFs for you to download, print,
and use for your classroom, library, home, office, or march.


Classroom Poster

High res Poster file:








Protest Poster

High res Poster file:


2017 Appearances: 
Baltimore Comic Con: Sept. 22-24

No comments:

Post a Comment